What's in the menu?

Food and frolic always come together atleast in my life. Laziness and hunger.. when these two come together, I start missing India even more. Happy lunch hours with mom's recipes in my box, sweet granny/grandpa preparing their signature recipes as soon as we come from school. Love wrapped up in a box!. Yet, I remember the days when I used to almost cry when dad tries to make me empty my breakfast plate. Give it to me now and I shall grab it :)

Never did realize how happy they would feel if we reciprocate the same for them until I had put it in action a year ago ..

I was feeling under the weather the whole of last week and did not happen to cook a lot. My latest inspiration is Rachel Ray, the 30-minute meal lady. As I turn on the idiot box to watch her show, I generally start my cooking as well. Although I do not tend to try a lot of her recipes, I love learning little things like "how to choose a veggie at the market" .. "how to clean up as you cook" .. "how to chop veggies in her way" .. and so on.
Making a dish with whatever is in your kitchen makes a good cook acc' to me .. instead of skipping a meal cos you did not have "that ingredient" :)

Closing the post with a brief explanation of what's in the pic. The first one is a "stir fry veggies with rice". Broccoli, beans, carrots, chestnuts, red peppers stir fried on a little tomato sauce base with a magic masala and my favo "cilantro".
The second one is a "Mandarin Berry Dessert" ( I named it). Strawberries, blueberries layered on orange marmalade. Whipped cream, sugar syrup and orange zest makes the final finish.

Delishh ......

Thanks!

Comments

arungan said…
2 orders of each please...do u deliver it through FedEx/UPS?
Anonymous said…
nice one... :) make that 2 more!
Unknown said…
well, making food with whtever u hav makes a good cook- so very true..!! ur snaps look good, hope they taste the same ..!! :D
MsRulz said…
Finally!! All those hours of food-network watching........
Anonymous said…
waiting to taste it ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Jingles

Rendition in Hindi

Watch as you listen - Duet !