Moments to cherish



Characters - Me, Teetu (niece)
Chapter: Greetings

Me- Hey Teetu, how are you?
Teetu - I am Teetu :)
Me - :) if someone says "How are you", you say "I am good. How are you".
 Do you want to try this?
Teetu - Oh okaii (ˈō-ˌkā\)
--
Me - Have a nice day, teetu sweetie pie!
Teetu - You too, Appu chii sweetie pie :)


Chapter: Colors

Me - Teetu .. what color is a leaf?
Teetu - Green Appu chi ..
Me - very good.. what about banana?
Teetu - hummm..... I dunno..
Me - Come on. You know this....it's yellow..
Teetu - Oh good job Appu chi, that's right. It's "LELLOW" ;)


Chapter - After school hours

Teetu - Appu chiiiiiii (running towards me from her kitchen center at school)..look what I got for you (hands over a flower)
Me - That's so sweet! Thank you kutti. How was your day? What did you do today?
Teetu - I learnt!
Me - Good. Ready to go home?
Teetu - Yes! But let's go to the restaurant (:))
Me - Alright, wanna wear your sweater and bid bye to Miss Jen and your friends?
Teetu - Bye Miss Jenny....bye friends (hugs a couple of her friends and smiles)
Me - Ok now let me help you wear your sweater
Teetu - No.. I got it! (wears it in her own cute style!)
Me - Good job! Let's go sign out now.
Teetu - Peeps into another class room to look for her favorite teacher and says "Oh hey Miss Kailor ..good night!" and picks her snack from the snack box on our way out.


Me - Well, that was cute and funny Teetu!
Teetu - Let me open the door ..I am strong!

Chapter - On the road

Teetu - It's red.. Stop!
Me - I almost missed it. Thanks Teetu
Teetu - Green Appachiiii .. Goooooo!
Me - :)

Chapter - Radio time!

Me - Hey Teetu, want some music?
Teetu - Yes please ..
Me - 98.3......sounds like you're fav song
Teetu - (keeps humming) Good good night...... feel it (sudden volume boost :))

Chapter: Dinner time

Me- Teetu, what do you wanna have for dinner?
Teetu- Ma-"cccca"-roni and cheese
Me- Alright, let me microwave it.
Teetu- No (sudden volume boost), but I "wants" it cold
Me- Ok, here it is.Come on let's eat.
Teetu- (gazes at the muffin box) No ..muffin muffin (screams and in just a second her eyes get moist!)
Me- But the genie would not let me unlock it. He would give us the magic keys only if you
finish your dinner.
(After sometime .. )

Teetu- Look Appu chii, I finished it.

Chapter - Security

Me - Roar! I'm gonna eat you now...
Teetu - No no Appu chiiii
Me - Ok, let me eat your mommy now ..I'm coming.....
Teetu - NO! (Runs and stands right beside her mommy with one hand like a "stop sign" and the other on her mommy's shoulder with a "Don't you dare eat my mommy" look )
Me - Ah-Oh!

Chapter - Accident

Me - Hey sweetie pie, don't keep running....sit on the couch and watch your show
Teetu - (well just in time .. she falls down thankfully on the carpet. She closes her mouth, giggles and says - Uh-Oh that was an "accident"!
Me - Accident? Who taught you that word? (couldn't stop smiling listening to the new word she just uttered)
Teetu - Me!
Me - Come on!
Teetu - Miss Jenny did all day long (:))
Me - That's so sweet. Let's tell mommy and daddy about the new word when they are home.
Teetu - Okaiii

Dad is home.

Me - Teetu, go tell daddy about the new word you learnt today.


(Well as much as she knew what "accident" meant, she did not quite understand that I was asking her to say "accident" - Trust me! It sounded soooo cute when it came from her )


Teetu to dad - New word new word!
Dad - Yeah sweetie, what's the new word?
Teetu - new word is .. (she falls down forcefully and you would expect her to to say "accident", but just continues laughing)

And.. later -

Teetu to dad- It's accident!
:)

Chapter - Reasons

Teetu - Appu chii, I no like that..
Me - Why kutti?
Teetu - Because.


(Well she thinks "because" itself is the universal reason for everything and is yet to learn the part that comes after the conjunction ;) )

Chapter - Sharing

Teetu - Can I have some oranges please?
Me - Ok, here you go..
Teetu - Yummy! More please!
Me - I got just one more. Can I have it, Teetu? (Sharing test!)
Teetu - Okai.. go ahead ;)

Chapter - Compliments



Teetu- Nice dress Appu chiiii....you're fav color is black. My favorite color is purple.


Me - Yep. Your dress looks great too Teetu!


Teetu - Oh thank you. My mommy and I got it.


------


Me - Hey Teetu, I found the key I was looking for. yay!
Teetu - Oh good girl (\ˈgər(-ə)l\) Appu Chii!

Chapter - Teaching grandma

Teetu to grandma - Oh-oh it's not party (paar-dy), it's "pottttty" (po-tty)

Chapter - Strawberry

Me - Hey kutti, what chutney can I make this weekend.. tomato?
Teetu - No..
Me - Coconut? 
Teetu - No..
Me - Onion?
Teetu- No...... I want strawberry chutney! :)

Well, there is room for innovation!

Chapter - I meeds you! (that's not a typo) ;))

Me - Alright Teetu, I got to go home. Good night..
Teetu - Nooooo (ascending tone) but I meeds you! :)





...... To be continued



Comments

Nachu Kathir said…
Wow!! So cute... Strawberry chutney is the ultimate:)
Jeni said…
Really nice moments to cherish in life.. Great to read!!
Think, she has great teachers like Jenny :) :)

Cute one.. looking forward for some more such conversation :)

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Jingles

Rendition in Hindi

Watch as you listen - Duet !