Moments to cherish - continued..

Old blog post on "Moments to cherish, May 2011"

Chapter: Something horrible happened.

Teetu - Appu chi, what is this? (pointing to a big plank of wooden board)
Me - Hey Teetu, it's a game. It's called "carrom". Mommy and I used to play with thaatha when we were little kids.

Teetu - I wanna play! I wanna play!
Me - Well, remember when you were a baby, you put all the coins in water very carefully? :) You can't do that today if you want to play.
Teetu - he he (giggles). Unbelievable, Appu chi! Let's play.

I walk her through some basic rules of the game..

Me - So, Teetu.. the final rule is that you should not pocket the BIG coin (the striker). If you do pocket the big coin, you lose points.

Teetu - Oh..okay Appu chi. Me first..me first! (Her turn to start the game..)

The little left-hander enjoys the game, grasps things quickly (no surprise!), also hits a couple of good shots, until.....

Me - Ok sweetie, let me fix you some dinner. I'll join you in a little bit. Keep playing until then.

After a few minutes........

Teetu - (Running towards me, completely alarmed, and screaming..)
APPU CHIIIIIIII, something "horrible" happened (tears rolling down her pink cheeks)

Me -  Oh what happened, baby? Are you okay?  (Wishing everything to be okay!)
Teetu - (points her index finger to the carrom board and doesn't stop crying). Oh nooooo!!!!! I pocketed the big coin, Appu chii!!

Inexplicable moment! I readily pocketed the moment and it has come handy to make me smile and wonder many a times! 

Me - What! (Draw an emoticon for "smile coupled with sort of a sad look and aunt-factor")
Oh sweetie, that's OK! There is no need to cry..it's just a game. I can get the big coin back for you.

Teetu - Oh, you can? (hugging me tight)
Me - Absolutely!
Teetu - But.. Appu chi, I thought you said I will lose it if I pocket the big coin?
Me - You're a doll! I just said you will lose points. Sorry sweetie!

The look in her face was worth a million dollar (and much more..)!

Ending with the mother's beautiful note-
Mother- "Oh dear, you don't have to be worried about anything in life. Mommy and daddy will do anything for you, sweetie. Love you. "






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Jingles

Rendition in Hindi

Watch as you listen - Duet !